Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 4 Poser Importer

DanR opened this issue on Jun 30, 2001 ยท 27 posts

Larry F posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 10:28 PM

Okay, I haven't gotten my Vue4 yet and my wife won't tell me if she ordered (see earlier thread for relevance), but I have and continue to salivate over the "...import Poser scenes ..." issue. That got my attention immediately the first time I read it. Before that happens, though, and what I've done since I first got Vue (3 - never bothered with the previous versions) is import objects/models one at a time, which, as far as I know still works. I won't go near that "practice software" issue, as it has been covered ad nauseum here and elsewhee (hell, I'm a long time and avid user of Imagine and 'nuff said on that) but I think both predominant points of view have their merits - as a user/buyer I certainly want my $oftware to be what I THINK I'm buying -- but I can well imagine how the company must feel about the release of new product in such a competitive and swiftly moving field. Goodness, I would think that if they waited until it wsa "perfect", well, it probably wouldn't be by the time it came out. One could argue that even dissatisfied customers will continue on the same path, rather than relinquish their investments of money, but time, effort, committment, etc. Reading all this stuff hasn't dampened my enthusiasm. Certainly not before I get the proggy. And I do still like 3.X. Just wish I could get the wife to break her word .. this once. Larry F