Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

Conniekat8 opened this issue on Dec 20, 2008 · 909 posts

Conniekat8 posted Wed, 31 December 2008 at 6:54 PM

I think they did check it.
What looks to be her setback is that her digestive tract isn't working as good as it should... She gets constipated, and it takes a lot of effort to poop, so she strains herself, and stops eating etc...

Now that she's on a feeding tube, she couldn't keep her food down. They gave her another enema, and today she's keeping her tube feedings down. Her bilirubin, the doctor said is still sky-high. (Should have started going down by now).  He's putting her on steroids (cortizone), says he 's hoping that'll get things moving aorund.

I'm waiting to her more in the next 2-3 hours, before they close for the day.

Maybe the poor thing will need weekly enemas or who knows what. Maybe her digestive medicine, lactulose, needs to be upped.

I can't stand the waiting to hear from the doc... I keep assuming the worst. (My anxieties REALLY kick in, I mean REALLY)

My honey listened to the vet message, and says it's not bad, that it's pretty positive... I, of course, kep hearing only the bad part. :( ... that she was VERY constipated and backed up, and gassed up, and that her bilirubin is still sky-high :(

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support