Forum: Vue

Subject: Is Vue 7 Pioneer too seriously hobbled to do anything meaningful?

ChrisV opened this issue on Dec 22, 2008 ยท 31 posts

alexcoppo posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:22 AM

Quote - E-on has simplified its product line and the pay for product line now starts at Esprit.

e-on is using a different sales model, where they give away a free product (Pioneer) and allow you to upgrade it bit by bit or product line by product line.

If you check the price list, both for modules and bundles, you see that now the option upgrade-bit-by-bit is grossly uneconomical.

Yes, there has been a simplification, which amounts to:

1. forget about getting modules, get only bundles;
  2. if you are a pro, either get Infinite or xStream;
  3. otherwise, either get Complete or Pro (Esprit has no ecosystems module, which is required just to adjust basic things like ecosystems density and scale);
  4. forget about an upgrade path from Complete to Infinite/xStream.

As I foretold a few a months ago in this forum (being afterwards the target of a cyber tar-and-feathers lynching from the hands of E-on fanboys), prices have gone sharply up, especially for newcomers.

Bye...

P.S.: I tried the public beta of Carrara 7 and I think that if you are a Brycer or Poser characters are the main subjet of your renders, Carrara is now a credible alternative to Vue.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2