Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My big rigging secret!!!

Diogenes opened this issue on Oct 18, 2008 · 350 posts

Cage posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 4:44 PM

Quote - The body handle on the penis is a very interesting idea... I actually prefer the single piece body part to the multi-part design for penis and tongue... that is partly why I thought of the geometry switching as being easier to pose for foot shapes then adding parts. I actually would love to see a mainly body handle based figure... what would it be like to have body handles for the jaw and tongue?

I've never been able to get any kind of chain of body handles to work effectively.  They all need to deform the same parent part, but they need to move in a chain.  I've found that parenting them in a chain leads to problems deforming the desired part correctly, while parenting them all to the target part leaves you without a chain setup and the results are bad.  If it can work, presumably some sort of ERC linking is required, to set up the false hierachy and correct parenting.

On the other hand, I'm not the master of Poser joints that Phantom3D is!  I hope it is a possibility.  :D

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.