Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My big rigging secret!!!

Diogenes opened this issue on Oct 18, 2008 · 350 posts

odf posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 5:48 PM

Huh? I hope I haven't sent you the wrong geometry file then. Wings has no way of defining groups, so the material names in my working copy are composed of both the group and material. I have a script to convert those into groups and materials (and also split groups that have to appear in left-right pairs) to make them ready for Poser. I'm at work now and can't check, but if you have group or material names starting with 'body_', I sent you the wrong file. Or you could of course just try to use it with your rig and see if it works. :biggrin:

If you have the correct file, I've got no idea what you're talking about.

Regarding the handle geometry: sorry about removing it. I had to because it got corrupted during the various torturous procedures I subjected the geometry to. I'm still not quite sure how that happened, but I decided that it was easier to get rid of it then to try and repair it. I think for the final version it would probably be better to define the handle geometry in the .cr2 file, anyway, and maybe have pose files to add and remove it. Those little cubes have a tendency of getting in the way, so I guess it would be good to have an easy way to get rid of them when they're not needed.

Sorry for hijacking your thread with this issue, but I imagine it's kind of relevant for other figures with body handles, such as Brad.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.