Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My big rigging secret!!!

Diogenes opened this issue on Oct 18, 2008 · 350 posts

Diogenes posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 12:55 AM

odf: No this geometry is fine.  I can only see the extra groups in 3DS Max in everything else it just has the regular groups and material zones.  I'm thinking they may have been material zones cause the head one looks like what you would make for a hair region. It has ones named head 1 head 2 etc. and jaw1 jaw2 etc. but in poser they are not there as groups so i figure they must be material zones.  But no problem it all works fine, in Poser. I had no trouble just popping in the handle geometry from the old one. The handle geometry could easily be made like a conforming prop you could just pop it in or out as you wanted, like they did with the
M3 Gens.

momodott: Ya I need to totally redo all the materials since I have worked on the model in Zbrush which basically destroys materials no matter what I do. Materials are something I don't know very much about either.  But I figure when I get to it I will ask for advise and help to understand what is best for the material groups.

JB123: Hi, thanks for the input, The Xrot for the collar and shoulder is truely a pain, I have been working on them since I uploaded this version and I think you'll like what I have done. Not going to upload another version yet, but as soon as I get enough extra work done to warrant it I will. Your right about the large hip it allows all the various bends that come together in that area to share poly's and not have to worry about child parent boundary's
I have changed the rotation on the heel and gotten rid of that strange heel deformation when the leg is twisted. I really need to get the model back into Zbrush and reform those feet, I shudder every time I see them. LOL.

Cage:  Yes partly ERC and you still cannot use IK so still lots of problems with it to work out but it bends so liflike, more organic, I thought it was worth developing. I have some pics of it somewhere. I posted a couple in the critique forum of that rigg  Here's the pic:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_9/file_404045.jpg

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY