Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro 4

Marque opened this issue on Nov 11, 2008 · 78 posts

Digger1967 posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 4:30 PM

Quote - I've found that when my morphs start getting lumpy it's due to me not placing the dots or lines correctly.
If I get tired and my eyes get tired, I make errors.
but when I'm having a good day and get the placements right, I get a really good morph.

This program is like any other, it takes patience, practice and depends on the user.
some are comfortable with it, others aren't.

I so want the latest version but with Christmas close, all my spare cash goes to buying my grand-babies some gifts.
And it will still be a lean Christmas for them...sigh.

I looked at the 3.5 version many moons ago, but decided against purchasing it primarly because a very small change in where those dots are placed results in a very large change in the resultant mesh.  I never could quite get the hang of placing dots so that the mesh would come out looking reasonably human, much less recognizable as a particular individual's face.

Sent an email about this to their "customer support" and never did get any response, apparently since I hadn't yet paid for the program I wasn't worth responding too, nothing I could find in the instructional video seemed to address this problem, and I simply didn't have several months of "play with it" time to work out dot placement on my own. 

So I decided against purchasing it and have generally recommend that others do the same, at least until they either fix the ultra picky dot placement problem or at the very least give you some idea on how to place dots properly.  The videos make it look falling off a log easy - it isn't, not by a long shot.  A minor varation one way or the other and you get a huge variation in the resultant mesh. 

Ok, I give these folks credit where credit is due, they certainly are one of the "better" applications available for doing this sort of thing and that is an accomplishment.  But from my experience their customer service wasn't just below par, it was practically non-existant, so that in and of itself made me decide to what until some other company came out with a similar product.    Still waiting, granted, but I'm not in a hurry to be anywhere.