Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My big rigging secret!!!

Diogenes opened this issue on Oct 18, 2008 · 350 posts

kobaltkween posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 6:23 PM

um, it's not necessarily better on resources to use handles.  Anton once pointed out, a snake with 100 parts is easy to deal with, but a centipede would slow your machine to a crawl.  the more children a single parent has, the more resources you use up.  he's mentioned this as why JCM are better than magnets (magnets add 3 children to every body part they're added to). 

not that i'm against facial handles, though i think you'd have to work really hard at making handles that were large enough to be easy to select but small enough not to be a PITA as you try to get the right expression. 

personally, i'd just perfer better morphs in the first place.  most Vicky's have multiple African American head morphs, and nothing to change the distance between the eye and the eyebrow.  i'm not sure a body handle will actually help control how flat the inside of an eyebrow is, and that's the problem with about 80 to 90 percent of most celebrity morphs i've seen.  i always get Capsces' morphs because they give basic control over features and body parts.  for me, general morphs (like nose tip up, nose tip down, nostrils up, nostrills down, nostrils wide, nostrils round, etc.) over specifics would be preferable to handles.