Forum: Blender

Subject: I'm an absolute 3d virgin. I just downloaded Blender.

Fauvist opened this issue on Dec 31, 2008 · 35 posts

Fauvist posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 12:22 PM

I've been following some of the turorials and trying things out, but I'm stuck.

The one thing that I think would be most useful to me seems to not work for me.

The SCULPT mode won't work correctly.  Sculpt mode, I assume, does the same thing as the Z-Brush software program (which costs a fortune).

I've tried all the brushes in Sculpt Mode, and the only one that works is the Grab brush.  It works perfectly.  I can grab the mesh and pull it around to mold it, but none of the other brushes work at all.  (The Grab brush is of very limited use.)

I'm on a Mac and running 10.3.9.  The Blender software I'm running is the one made for this Mac version, and I'm also running the Python script software that the Blender site reccomends for this version.

I realize that the tutorials and instructions are almost always written for Windows machines, so I've learned to experiment to find the right hotkeys to hit to make Blender perform.  (There are no right or left mouse keys on a Mac) I've hit every combination of keys immaginable to get the Sculpt mode brushes to work, but nothing works.

I've done an internet search for answers.  Some Mac users have had similar problems, but the posts are several years old, and there's no consistant solution.

I feel like pulling my hair out ( which I shouldn't do because I don't know how to make hair yet.)

Anyone know what the problem or solution is?

Thanks!