Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

Conniekat8 opened this issue on Dec 20, 2008 · 909 posts

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 17 January 2009 at 5:26 PM

I wrote this last night, but got distracted and never hit send:
*Yeah, Bubba and Tigger are shelter rescues, I got them when they were 3-4 months old, and they live like royalty.

Tigger is hanging in there, super weak, but still showing will to do what she wants to do... like which bed she wants to snuggle up on... she starts moving her head and paws, then I support  her tummy and most of her weight, and let her take direction.  Giving her little massages and stretches so she doesn't get too bed sore.

When we get new kitties, Bubba will tell them all about Tigger, and Tigger will be our little angel, always sitting on my shoulder. She did that a lot when she was younger, and it's always her favorite spot to crawl up on my shoulder when I carry her.

*This morning, she livenened up a bit again. We had a peeing accident because mommy couldn't figure out what was up. She was needing to pee, and I was waiting for her to puke (had a catchers mitt full of towels ready, but at the wrong end).  She kept squirming from one kitty bed to the next, found on that she didn't recognize as her own (gray, like her litter box) and finally crouched down. She's too weak to sit.

I thought it was a puke coming up because, I had just fed Bubba, and Tigger's head popped up when she heard the can open.. and she even tried eating a bite of his food. Then I gave her a feeding.  She started licking her lips, and squirming, and had couple burps - which usually happens right before the puke.

Well, by the time I figured it out, she was all soaked in her pee. (I have plastic under the blankets so it's no biggie)  I couldn't let her sit in her own pee, so I gave her a short easy warm bath. No shampooing or too much scrubbing, just enough to get the worst off of her. She has enough energy to crawl out of it after about two minutes, and onto the towels.

She's resting now wrapped up in warm blankets, and having enough energy to give me a major stink-eye.

Yesterday I found a bottle of unused Xanax (super low dose) at home, from couple years ago when I had my last major bout with panic atacks. It is helping me stay functional, and able to take care of Tigger and myself, and my honey... Actually, he's taking care of me at the moment, but I'm at least able to not be a weepy mess for few hours at the time.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support