Forum: Blender

Subject: I'm an absolute 3d virgin. I just downloaded Blender.

Fauvist opened this issue on Dec 31, 2008 · 35 posts

kobaltkween posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 4:54 PM

i know Blender just well enough to be looking for modeling tutorials, irrespective of application.  i've found one general tutorial for modeling clothing, and no collected resources.  i've had a member here give really useful links and information.    honestly, i think it's just not covered as well as other aspects of 3d modeling.   there are a few reasons i don't think it's covered explicitly anywhere i can find, but i really wish it was.

that said.... the first thing i tried to make was a dress, and it was dead easy.   i used sculpt very little on the dress, and it came out fine except for some aspects i hadn't thought through well enough.  and while i'm really slow about all this, i actually found Blender more straight forward than Hexagon. 

i'd say if it's really frustrating you and you want to quit, you might try something else, just because it seems like 3d tools are very personal choices and you might click with another tool.  on the other hand, if i can do it, absolutely anyone can.  i would, however, suggest investing in a mouse with at least 2 buttons (2 and scroll button is nice).  one button is just not enough for Blender.  and just to mention, i find sculpting without a pen & tablet difficult.