Forum: Suggestion Box

Subject: Cut 'n' paste commenters & fanatical image favouriters

Tanglimara opened this issue on Jan 26, 2009 · 36 posts

Tanglimara posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 1:42 AM

Quote -
Tony, I advise you just to ignore the whole thing because no matter how it is changed or not changed some will abuse the system for self gratification.

Hi skiwillgee,

Surely if we scrap the art charts then this would stamp out this kind of behaviour.

I remember a while back I posted a fractal and a few days later received a site mail saying that it had been picked to be included in a weekly (or monthly, I can't remember which) fractal showcase gallery. I actually found that much more rewarding than being on the art charts.

To prove a point about the art charts I posted an image a few months ago and spent about 8 hours commenting solidly ... sure enough I am now in the all time art charts with that image, however the feeling of accomplishment is not there because I know how it was achieved.

Can we not have monthly showcases picked by impartial moderators/members or something along those lines.

A couple of other sites I'm involved with have weekly image awards where they pick a number of exceptional images. The chosen artists are given an award gif to display with the image in recognition which is displayed permanently underneath their image.

Tony.