Forum: Suggestion Box

Subject: Cut 'n' paste commenters & fanatical image favouriters

Tanglimara opened this issue on Jan 26, 2009 · 36 posts

allnaydi posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 9:31 AM

The system is definitely often unfair and tends to get abused quite a bit Tony. It can get under your skin, but I mostly agree with dbrv6 and flaviok.
I don't cut and paste, but it's simply impossible to leave detailed comments on all the postings that deserve them - and I'm convinced that there are lots of great artist here on Rendo whom I haven't even discovered yet.
I see plenty of superb artists here, who certainly don't get the attention they should get. I also see lots of artists, who may not yet be that technically proficient, but pour their hearts and souls into their artwork - which, in my opinion, doesn't make them any less deserving. For that matter, I'm learning something new every day myself.
As far as the charts go, I don't really care if you want to scrap them altogether and take the rating system with them, while you're at it. Unfortunately, something else will inevitably crop up in their place...
I'm a bit leery about independent and impartial panels, because as always, "who guards the guardians?"
There are other galleries with such panels out there and many of them seem to turn eventually into all self-important little tin-gods who have, because it's human nature, their own preferences and favorites. I'm not so sure if that's the way we want to go.