Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How we are all treated here at Renderosity as Client, Sponsor, and Vendor

bobstuyck opened this issue on Jan 28, 2009 · 152 posts

JenX posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 1:02 PM

Quote - The thing is, frankly, this is the third artist I have heard from personally who has told me they are "Not wanted at renderosity" for their characters...
Yet at the same time we have other artists who put up several items per week, or two or three characters a month.

To me it looks like the RMP Staff are picking favorites - or established sellers with high prices and high margins - over newcomers and merchants with less-expensive products, in part to protect those favorites.

Not that this isn't a standard business practice - how many books get denied for being too much like Glenn Cook's or Stephen King's - while the books of those two authors go directly into expensive hardcover editions first? 

That being said. the rejection to the prospective merchant must be crushing - especially if their product is as good as others' products already in the marketplace.   And while Renderosity is not the only marketplace for Poser, it is one of the two most prominent and prestigious.  

Still, this 'picking of the already popular' may be why R'osity is getting fewer and fewer of my poser dollars, as I go elsewhere to follow MY favorite creators, rather than THEIRS.

I'm sorry, but I've heard this argument too many times for it to be true all the time.  I've seen several people who say that they've been denied at Rendo and that their product is just as good as XYZ in the MP...and then look at it...and I can tell which Merchant Resource they used, right off the bat.  They didn't even bother to change anything.   The makeups are all out of one resource kit, and they all look the exact same as what's in the package.   The purpose of Merchant Resource kits are a base, not to be the whole product.  And that's exactly what I tell them when they ask my opinion.  Not everyone likes to be told that their product is not worth the MP, but, seriously, if Merchant Resource kits are listed, and no photography packs are (Levius, Skinjob, etc.), I pass it over.  And so do most buyers.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.