Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How we are all treated here at Renderosity as Client, Sponsor, and Vendor

bobstuyck opened this issue on Jan 28, 2009 · 152 posts

AnAardvark posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 8:18 AM

Quote - Merchant resource kits are the one thing I'd love to see Renderosity and Daz ban (along with anything made from them).  Every texture sold here and at Daz should be required to be created from photos the merchants took themselves.  THAT would help to ensure quality and a uniqueness to each texture set that would make it worth being placed for sale.

With the low cost of good digital cameras today, there's no excuse not to raise the standards.

Couldn't disagree with you more.
First off, if I were a merchant making clothing textures, I would hate to have to take photos of sample after sample of cloth. This would assuredly drive the price of textures up, and lead to a lack of realistic clothing textures. Similarly, having a resource to go for for things like buttons is a big help. What's next, banning ziptones?

Second, as a hobbyist, I find merchant resources very useful. I use a lot of makeup resources, because I use the same character again and again. One figure I use has a great skin texture, but very limited (and traditional) makeup, and I've made my own textures using a variety of makeup and tattoo merchant resources.