Forum: Community Center

Subject: Repeat OFFENDER?!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Nov 13, 2008 · 77 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 2:02 PM

I have a poster who has posted nice things (although rather cookie-cutter-ish) on quite a lot of my images´. And.. er.. I LOVE comments. But a comment that only says "awesome" is a little.. "bleh.. I followed the eBot for THAT?"

At the same time I'm probably not good at handling critical comment, but mostly because we can't answer them - or... you can but it the critic answers back the first reply is autimatically deleted thereby making a mess of the whole string.

And in some cases there may be a very good reason for something in the picture. For instance I recently posted a pic in my LJ (since it's SO against the TOS here) where one of the people there pointed out that my Snape should be a lot skinnier. And that person was absolutely right. Thing is I was ALSO using that picture to test some poses for a friend - and when you're testing poses you need to use unmorphed characters.

Now, that's something I culdn't get a meaningful dialogue out of here, because the gallery and comments doesn't work that way.

I would also never ever throw a critical comment on how to "improve" this and that if it was something I didn't know at all. regardless of whether or not the posted had checked "Critical and non critical comments welcome" - it, too, might be someone who wasn't all that eloquent with the English language and didn't know what it meant.

If someone on the other hand posts in the forum asking for honest feedback on a picture, they'll get just that. I may like it or I may hate it, but I'll tell thekm WHY.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.