Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: printing a render

RedPhantom opened this issue on Jan 29, 2009 · 18 posts

ratscloset posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 9:43 AM

First, let me clarify my post (that is what I get for posting late at night!) When I provided those dimensions, I was stating what the 100%, or Print actual Size would be for various DPI in Poser, not that you needed it or that it in itself related to Print Quality. I was not trying to equate the DPI with the Printer, but just with Poser and Actual Image Size when Printed out.

If you take a 150 DPI Image at 1200 x 1500 and Print actual size out it will be 8x10 and if you take 300 DPI at the mentioned dimesions, it will print out 8x10. And I agree that is more than enough for most needs. Most Printers only require 300 DPI, matter of fact, other than one Project I produced for a Client where a specified series of images were being used to generate a Hologram type image with projectors, all have been 300 DPI, since that is what the Printers want.

With regards to Poser, if your machine can handle it, it will Render it. I have done very large Renders, though I am not sure what the largest was... I know it was over 30000, but it was only 300DPI. I also remember it took way too long.

ratscloset
aka John