Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Daz's Irritatingly Refreshing Innovation

Ridley5 opened this issue on Jan 29, 2009 ยท 11 posts

aeilkema posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 4:38 AM

I don't agree it should be build into Poser at all. Poser can make use of scripts just as well as DAZ Studio can. The main problem isn't that a lot of functionality that is offered through plugins isn't build in Poser, the problem is the lack of plugin creators for Poser.

If you look at the core application of D/S, you will notice it offers actually very little. Everything interesting for D/S is offered through plugins and most of them haven't been created by DAZ at all, but by others.

The major lack of the owners of Poser and with every new owner this is getting worse, is to rally developers behind them. DAZ has a sole purpose and that is to push their content and whatever they release (even D/S, plugins, Carrara and so on) is only used to push more content sales. The owners of Poser have no sole purpose at all, especially Smith Micro doesn't, they're market is way to divided to focus well on anything. On top of that SM/CP doesn't treat their customers and merchants too well, how will they ever win over people to rally behind them and create the so much needed functionality through plugins/phyton scripts.

The next problem is a divided community. There are a lot of good phyton scripts available for Poser adding a lot of great functionality, but they're all over the place. There is no one stop solution for these kind of items and the owners are not promoting them for sure either or pursuing these creators. All they do is drive them away.... just look at how the pushed away Renderosity, RuntimeDNA and a number of others. DAZ on the other hand seems to able to keep most of their stuff related to themselves. I don't need to search and shop all over the web to improve DAZ Studio's functionality, I know where to go. Not so with Poser, they're digging their own grave by the way they have set up things and go about marketing and I'm not to sure if this will ever change.

DAZ seems to able to tigh people to them, complain about them and you will be sure to get a number of DAZ worshippers jump on you. Poser has failed to do this, they have a lot less loyal user base and from my point of view that is their own fault.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk