Forum: Vue

Subject: Important notice to Infinite Vista users

alexcoppo opened this issue on Jan 31, 2009 · 29 posts

alexcoppo posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 3:59 PM

If one writes "this program is crap" he is venting.

When one provides a recipy for losing one of the two activation attempts by simply doing something which is almost normal, i.e. running the program right from the instal procedure (action artually suggested by Infinite setup!) one is providing a specific warning about a serious bug.

When one reports the customer support response about the problem and the steps to mitigate it he is helping other users of the program.

When one adds some thought about the criticality of the overall copy protection system and its possible effects upon the legal use of the same, one is providing information that perspective users have (should have) the right to know before deciding which path to go.

Obviously, reporting such a crippling problem is not good for sales of the program and, provided that everybody here behaves as if  he/she has invested in E-On shares, I understand perfectly why my post has not been "warmly" received. If this is the problem, I have no trouble if the moderators remove this thread... actually, what do I gain from warning other peoples of the existence of a pit in which I have fallen? let them discover the thing the hard way (as I did)... at least I won't be alone in the pit.

Bye...

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2