Forum: Community Center

Subject: Repeat OFFENDER?!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Nov 13, 2008 · 77 posts

DarkStormCrow posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 9:22 AM

I am probably one of those folks who you folks would find guilty of cookie cutter comments and or comment hoarding.

I do consider commenting as part of being community as much as some folks consider posting in the forums consider that part of being community. I comment on those folks who have chosen me as a favorite artist and those who comment on my images first, then I cruise the galleries and comment on other images I like. If you really want to see what images I really like then cruise my favorite images. Are some comments cookie cutter comments obviously yes, but that also depends on how much time I actually have availiable to comment. My return on comments is usually somewhere around 7 to 1 meaning for every 7 comments I make I usually get 1 back not a very effective hoarding plan if you ask me. Comments also , hopefully get folks to at least look at my work, when a name I dont recognize comments on something I have done I always go to thier gallery and have a look, usually commenting on the most recent and several others.

Most folks who make it to the top commented for the day or the art charts, have been on renderosity for a long time, have built up a following, and comment regularly. Many artists who I feel really do good work rarely make it onto the most commented because for the simple fact that they do not comment and support those that support them.

No one who posts on this site is such a great artist that they can get by by not commenting and just posting thier work, no matter how good you are or think you are you are not above supporting and reaching back to help new artists or those you think do less than stellar work. To me a comment good or bad is worth having and I dont have a problem with the negative, sometimes I will even tell you the negative when I post the image.

Some of the folks who post thier work here are disabled many would consider thier work is less than stellar but I support them anyway. I have a hard time posting a critical comment to anyone as not to discourage them, If I see something really bad and obvious I will site mail them I will not trash someones image in comments.

If you dont feel that folks are being sincere when the comment on an image you post then turn off comments. If you feel that your images arent getting the comments and recognition they deserve then you should participate the you have to ask yourself why, did you you look at the galleries of those who did comment?, did you thank them for thier comment?, Did someone who regularly comments on your images suddenly quit?, Personally if I am commenting on someones work over time and cant get a comment back on my usual one image a week for the most part, I quit commenting on thier work. I support those who support me.

My work is not the greatest.
No one elses work is crap.
No one is better than anyone else.
Everyones work has value.

Thats my view from the nest...

KHW