Forum: Photography

Subject: Howling at the moon

RJH opened this issue on Jul 03, 2001 ยท 18 posts

bsteph2069 posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 2:11 AM

I'll try it out also. What settings are you using? I want to get the best I can. I do own a telescope. I can see how good I can make it. But it usally looks blury. RJH OK. From this picture I can understand why it is called the sea of tranquility ect. ( The darker areas look like oceans relative to the rest of the moon surface! ) That was my sudden relization I mentioned previously! The man in the moon. Bstephs take on it. Remember this is astronomy so you need you imagination!! There are two eyes. The left eye is the smaller circle on the extreme left of the moon. The right eye is the larger circle directly across from the left eye. In the middle of the two eyes is a slightly darker section of the moon it almost could be a rock if the moon were perfectly smooth. That is the nose. Below the nose and on either side of it are the two cheecks. Finally below the checks and in the center where it should be is a small dark dot that is the mouth. The rest of the stuff on the left side of the moon is the ears and hair. The moon is a bald older gentleman with flushed checks! Alpha it not a full moon. It's close like he said it's about one or two days off so it looks full. Especially when it is so bright. Bsteph