Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What's wrong with this picture?

TygerCub opened this issue on Jul 04, 2001 ยท 19 posts

duanemoody posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 6:13 AM

I'm impressed if this is the P4 mesh you're working with. If it makes your job any easier, do a search on 'Sarah' in Freestuff -- your only hit should be Nod's excellent SMG texture. You won't believe how much more realistic it makes your model. (and I'd love to see the results). Don't be afraid to use expression dials to make permanent anatomical changes to your models. In most cases it won't break anything. As far as not using other peoples' morphs is concerned, what I did was done exclusively using morphs and magnets. For now, I've given up on using 3D applications for more than vertex repair morph targets. It took about eleven iterations to get "Slaybelle," using several morphs and building quite a few along the way. I finally settled on the idea that a small degree of exaggeration was probably better than undershooting the mark, esp. for long distance perspectives. Final comments: her chin doesn't go smoothly from lower lip to tip but instead tilts inward, making the permanent 'pout' expression. Find a good profile shot of SMG to see what I'm talking about. Thin out the lower lip a tad (applying and reversing my LowerLipFull morph for P4 should do the trick). As far as tutorials are concerned, visit my website and see the "Making portraits from photos" tutorial. You may be able to apply the same concept to Anim8tor.