Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

SSAfam1 posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 9:20 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hey BB. Been using your VSS.

I'm guessing this is artifact? How can I fix this? She's also very yellow and lighter than her original texture. I'm guessing that's the GC?

Tips on helping her to look closer to her original color would be greatly appreciated.

Using VSS with your Indoor lights 2.

Use the PR3 shader. All the controls you could ever want are on the left side.

Find the PMC:Tint one. That's a color that is muliplied with the skin texture. You can use it to shift the color quite a bit. Want it more green? Decrease the red and blue in there - making a pastel green. Want it less red? Decrease the red, making a pastel pink. Want an African texture? Put an orangy brown in there.

Other controls you might want to play with:

PM:SSS Amount - controls the amount of the SSS effect.
PM:SSS Spread - controls how much the SSS spreads across the figure.
PM:Diffuse Reflectivity - adjusts the amount of light that is diffusely reflected before it goes below the surface and hits the SSS layer. If you increase it, there will be more of the texture color and less of the SSS color. If you decrease it, there will be less of the texture color and more of the SSS color. The Tint doesn't affect the SSS color.
PMC:SSS Color - what color is the subsurface scattered light. If it's too red, add more green to this.

And if I remember correctly, at the bottom is a
PM:Boost - increase or decrease to change the overall brightness of the skin.

You have a lot of control of the specular effects too.

PM:Shine - master control over the amount and tightness of the shine. Increase it for a more wet look. Increase it a lot for an oiled look.

PM:Shine Spread - adjust the spread of the shine.

Hope this helps. You have tons of control over the texture.

I'll try the new version.

Thanks.