Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

JWFokker posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 9:22 PM

Quote - JWF:

In the screen shot of the template, you cut off the top so I can't see which template zone that is.

Why does this matter?

Because you show me a PR3 shader in a template, but on your figure is the PR2 shader. That means the template you screen shoted is not being copied to the figure. I'd know better what is happening if you went to the figure and loaded a non-VSS shader first. Then you could find out which is the case: 1) not changing the figure at all, or 2) changing the figure to some other template than the one you think it is.

It's clear to me you didn't notice the significance of the fact that those two shaders look nothing like each other. VSS copies the nodes exactly into the target, including all the PM: nodes. Since they're not there its clear that the PR3 shader is not being copied. I just don't know why you have a PR2 shader on the figure. You didn't say what the initial state of the figure was before you tried to Synchronize.

You're right. I did not realize the significance of it.

Evidently I missed the crucial step of specifically applying the PR3 MAT file to the Template Skin sub-section of the VSS PR2 control prop. This entire time I've been simply selecting the VSS prop in the Materials Room and immediately applying the PR3 MAT file, which must have been applying it only to the Preview area. So I've been using PR2 these past few weeks without realizing it. Serves me right for not reading the instructions completely I suppose.