Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: Bobby Sue declares her Independence!!!

Dmentia opened this issue on Jul 04, 2001 ยท 101 posts

InBlack posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 10:54 AM

Staale this is hopeless. Even if you have proof, you wont get anywhere with it because Dmentia is one of the popular people here at Renderosity, and therefore her little friends will always stick up for her and lie through their teeth for her. This bullshit about it being her hand scanned in (and remarkable identical to yours) is rediculous. Hands are UNIQUE. There are so many perfect matches on these textures that there is NO DOUBT that they are the same hand. You could convict someone for murder with less evidence. The people arguing that its a 'coincidence' that Dmentia's scanned in hand just happens to be identical to yours are obviously blindly defending Dmentia out of friendship or are just too stupid to know that hands, while they may have similar features, are totally unique and no two are identical. Further defense of her such as "Dmentia DID use some other image to do the hands and honestly doesn't remember if it was the one in question or not" is even more bullshit. Staale bringing it up like this should have jogged her memory, and she could simply have addressed it by saying "I don't remember where I got them, I'll just change them" and thats it. End of story. Anton I dont care what Dmentia is capable of so stop posting links to her picture expecting it to be some sort of proof that she didnt use Staales texture. Wow, she can make a nice still image. So can a lot of people at Renderosity. It doesnt entitle them to harvest other people's work and be immune to both international copyright law and the terms of service of both Renderosity and its marketplace. "Anyone who can paint fabric like that is perfectly capable of scanning her own hand and lining it up a template like you did." Anton, then why the hell didn't she? It would have taken her an entire 10 minutes to scan in her own hand. Just because she should be capable of doing it doesnt mean that everyone should assume that she did and drop the subject, especially when there is irrefutable proof that the textures are identical. Would you call Staale a liar? Yes, thats it. I'm sure Staale copied Dmentia! Too bad that he carries with him the damning evidence -- his own hand. Again, the clique prevails. Staales rights as a non-clique member are cast aside. This is my last post at Renderosity. I'm moving on to a better place, a community of artists that isnt centred around a marketplace, which I feel is corrupting Renderosity. A place where both the forums and galleries arent spammed with advertisements for a certain clique's work, nor are the rights of people who are not members of this circle trodden upon. Unfortunately, I'll miss a lot of you. I really liked Renderosity back when everything everyone produced wasnt centred around money. Art should come from the heart, not from a desire to manipulate and greed for money.