Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: Bobby Sue declares her Independence!!!

Dmentia opened this issue on Jul 04, 2001 ยท 101 posts

soulhuntre posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 11:22 AM

(re-posted after a spell check) Well, if it is a "combination" of sources then that will explain why the fingers don't quite match... but the palm sure does. I can understand if perhaps this is an innocent mistake maybe she honestly forgot where that came from, maybe she thinks taking just a palm doesn't matter... but it does. What I can tell you is that the Faelyn1 hands are basically identical to those in Bobby Sue, so if those palms are your's, so are the ones in Bobby Sue. I am a little annoyed by the "secret evidence" insinuation but I would also be happiest if not everything was dragged out on a whim so I guess I agree. The bottom line is this: 1) If your texture was used, no matter how small the peice, then that should be acknowledged by Renderosity admin's and by Dmentia. The item should be pulled until that is fixed 2) What about those of us who paid it? Is our license still valid? How do we go about getting an additional license from Staale so we can still use it? Will be offered a refund? 3) Some sort of public apology would be in order. It is unconscionable that someone who themselves broke the copyright laws (Dmentia did) should have spearheaded the lynch mob we say recently. 4) Some explaination from the staff about the difference in reactions. In "the hair situation" the item was pulled from sale immediately pending investigation. I know Dmentia has a good reputation but if that is the policy, why the difference? I don't know how much texture was copied, I am not even 100% sure that there was one (though it is really close, really, really close) ... but this needs to be laid to rest and just sweeping it under the rug isn't going to work. What I do know is that Renderosity's reputation is on the line here, as well as Dmentia's. This is a serious situationt hat needs some official response... because I have to tell you as an outsider this starts to look like proof of that "inside crowd" people keep mentioning more and more.