Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: My Poser 6 program won't work anymore

kjer_99 opened this issue on Feb 12, 2009 ยท 22 posts

MikeJ posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 4:58 PM

Well if you're planning on building a new box, but not soon, and don't like Vista, you might as well plan on Windows 7 instead of paying for Vista. From what I've seen, Windows 7 is everything good about Vista, with the bad parts removed, plus a bunch of better features.

Of course, I still don't much like the idea that Microsoft seems to see the Operating System as an "experience" or a program or form of entertainment in and of itself. IMHO, an operating system should be there to run the programs, not be the center of attention. Unfortunately, their market is largely for the completely computer-ignorant, Dell-buying, You Tube-watching, music-downloading, picture-sharing, pr0n-addicted, emailing-of-trite-crap Public who spend each and every minute online virtually TRYING to get a virus to spread around...

Not to mention the millions of people on an MS box in some office cubicle somewhere who couldn't care less what kind of hell they put their SysAdmin through...

It would be nice if one of these times they came out with an O/S for those of us who know what we're doing, have what we need, and want only a solid workstation O/S without the Nannyware.

Oh wait, they already have that - they call it Linux. ;-)

No, I didn't want to get into an OS debate either, and I apologize if my response seemed kind of inflammatory. Chalk it up to early morning grumpiness. :-)