Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: The economy doesn't seem that bad to me

Winterclaw opened this issue on Feb 15, 2009 · 73 posts

JenX posted Sun, 15 February 2009 at 6:27 PM

Here in Michigan, we're at a 10.6% Unemployment rate and rising.  I've been turned away at grocery stores, fast food places, and other places that usually have a high turnover rate.  A lot of places, there aren't the jobs.  In others, they've been burnt by people who lost their $18 per hour job and are starting out again, this time at minimum wage...who are either lazy in the job, whine like nothing you've ever heard, or quit because they "deserve better".  shrug  In this economy, I'd be grateful to have an actual job.  I'm thankful for the small amount I can make here and at Content Paradise with sales, as well as my print sales at redbubble.  While I wish things were better, I'm very grateful for my situation.  A year ago, I was homeless, jobless, and penniless.  Now, I have a home, a wonderful husband-to-be, and a very supportive family.  Not to mention luxuries like a computer, internet, cable t.v., and pets. 

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.