Forum: Photography

Subject: What's wrong with this image?

lesbentley opened this issue on Feb 13, 2009 · 24 posts

TomDart posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 8:21 AM

A cute pet or a nice landscape will get comments...here and in the real world I visit outside my home each day. 

As Bruce said: "Grungy texture shots, sepia tone, monochrome, inndustrial shots are just usually not huge comment getters here.."    I have no way to support this thought but it seems folks who view but do not photograph can be pleased by lovely florals, landscapes and other lovely and "non threatening" images.  A photo like yours requires a different look from the viewer and many simply would rather go on to the cute doggie picture.

I agree with the static nature of the photo but like the work put into it and the idea.  I have not commented because I miss most new images!  I try to take a quick view of "what's new" in the galleries each morning and that is it....  If I don't see the thumb shot then, I likely will not see it.

It took me a while to learn not to low  take numbers of comments serioiusly on my more esoteric photos.  Well, the same is also true of my more regular stuff....still, a nice comment or good honest critique does make all a little better than little or nothing.