Forum: Complaint & Debate

Subject: Bobby Sue declares her Independence!!!

Dmentia opened this issue on Jul 04, 2001 ยท 101 posts

Mehndi posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 3:51 PM

Pardon the length of this post... but I felt for once like actually saying something. I know I am probably not supposed to, but to hell with it. STAALE: Please tell me which texture on your site is the one you feel was copied, so that I do not have to download every last one till I get it by process of elimination, an a slow pokey old modem, whilst also trying to move :) Thanks :) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lets see if we can work on getting a few facts ironed out: "A place where both the forums and galleries arent spammed with advertisements for a certain clique's work" by InBlack Every vendor here has the same "ads" running that "spam" the place. It is not a clique, it is a benefit provided to ALL merchants. These ads attract sales of their products. With this money, Renderosity pays its very large bills and stays "free" to you. With this money, the artists pay their bills, feed their children, afford to go see a doctor, buy their medication, buy their food, buy their software and clothing... do you begrudge them their human needs and their way of making a living? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Some explaination from the staff about the difference in reactions. In "the hair situation" the item was pulled from sale immediately pending investigation." by soulhuntre Wrong. The hair made by Neftis was never pulled from sale once released, and has stayed on sale from the second it was released. A very fast check for copyright was done when the hair was submitted, which took only a very short time, less than a day, to compare both meshes, was performed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...just sweeping it under the rug isn't going to work." by soulhuntre Soulhuntre, believe it or not, we all have a life, those of us on staff ;) I realize that must be hard for you to quite grasp. This latest slugfest began whilst most of the staff were out celebrating a Holiday. We are aware of it now, and are doing our best to look into the matter. We do not monitor these forums round the clock. There is only a tiny staff here, volunteers, who squeeze in time between work, families, cooking, cleaning, taking care of our children, attempting to earn a living, (packing to move in my case)... so this affects how fast you will see us moving many times, and how fast we discover the issue. Had one of you not paged me and asked me specifically as the Copyright Forum Mod to please come see this thread and begin trying to help you, I might still not have discovered it on my own. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Letting the insiders figure it out is just too incestuous because Dementia is one of the "insiders" too. by BIA Wrong. Dmentia, is one of you all. She is just one of MANY vendors. You are ALL served by the staff here, equally. Even when it costs us staff more than you can ever know, to maintain that level of courtesy and compassion and professionalism for each of you. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What concerns me most in this thread, and the ones previous to it, about Neftis, is that only one side of the story has ever been heard. That of Neftis in fact. Until you hear from me, and also ironically from Dmentia, and see what we have to show, there is no way for any of you to judge what really happened in the Neftis matter of previous times. I have restrained myself from making any accusations be they damning or not, because of my wish to remain neutral as an administrator, and a wish to try to calm you all down, make some peace in the end. I have since been told that I could have spoken, I suppose... though I still doubt that. I am pretty sure it would be considered to not be appropriate conduct for an administrator, so I just keep my mouth shut. That is best for all. I am also concerned about some of you perceiving anyone who agrees at any time as a clique. I do find it amusing almost, except for the very danger you bring to these peoples reputations by this accusation. Truth be told, the very people you think are in a clique are fairly rabidly competitive with one another, and under ordinary day to day circumstances haven't much of a civil word for one another ;) That is just how artists are. It is nothing personal I am sure, and I long ago let it "roll off my back" rather than let myself feel excluded, or somehow "not part of this mysterious clique" that might or might not be out there. What happens in this forum, and the others here, is that you see people join up and fight for similar causes. Each choosing his own cause he as an individual believes in, then disband to join up and fight other causes, sometimes being on very different sides of issues the next time an issue comes up. Never guess that because Artist A, Artist B, and Artist C are agreeing this week on Issue A, means that they are a clique and are going to automatically agree on issue B, or C, next week or the week after. To fear there is a clique as such only shows you do not quite understand how things work here. Dmentia herself is a good example. She is RESPECTED, and almost feared perhaps, by many of the artists who are her peers. But is she liked? Do folks want to hang out with her and schmooze. Not usually. They are too busy competing, and fearing, and so forth to ever make the basis of a real friendship, or a real clique, as these things go. She has friends, I do too. So do you. But cliques? Probably not. One other matter that concerns me, is the flaunting of innacurate "medical" evidence right now as facts. Palm prints actually are VERY similar compared to the much more truly identifying "fingerprints" on the hand. Right now, holding my hand up to compare to this, other than one tiny line, my own palm comes incredibly close to matching. If I scan my palm, and place it upon Vicki, due to her own "palm striations", will it look an awful lot like both Staals and Dmentia's? probably. You see folks, the print of the palm always bears certain resemblances in humans, due to how our muscles deform the skin when we flex the hand. We all have the same set of muscles in the hand. Fingerprints though are another matter entirely. Is there a resemblance between these two textures? Only time will tell. I will perform the same tests I did on this set, as I did on the other one's of Staals that was an issue, and as I did on the one where Neftis took Dmentia's Tesoro Texture. I will need Staal to tell me exactly which texture on his site he is saying this is, since I would not wish to guess, nor have to download them all to hunt, it just would take too long on a modem speed. But will it cause the item to be pulled from the store? I cannot in fact do that. Only my bosses can, when Staal chooses to make an actual copyright complaint.