Forum: Bryce

Subject: The deleteing of images

wawadave opened this issue on Feb 23, 2009 · 21 posts

kjer_99 posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 11:14 PM

I think what bothers me is that there is some real inconsistency in following those guidelines--inconsistency on the part of we artists in making our thumbnails and on the part of the moderators in enforcing the guidelines.  I see extremely revealing thumbnails all the time that nobody pays any attention to, then I see stuff like the last post of Dave's which had the nudity thumbnail instead of a smaller render. 

And when do we consider it nudity?  To me, nudity means naked or partly naked.    A partly naked person would be one that showed the genitals of either sex or their bare butts, or just the upper naked torso of a woman.  A woman wearing a bikini would not need a nudity designation.   If those guidelines require nudity labels on people who are bulging out of their clothing, then 90% of all renders at Rendo with human figures in them would have to be (or should be) posted with a nudity warning. 

If Dave's last render was pulled because of his protest, that is wrong.  The moderators have every right to pull any render they feel is unsuitable, but We artists have a right to protest with our artistic skills if we feel the decision is wrong or unjust or just arbitrary.  I don't think Dave's artistic protest warrants removal.

Jeremy Miller