Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

Conniekat8 opened this issue on Dec 20, 2008 · 909 posts

Conniekat8 posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 12:18 PM

Yea, last time I talked to the vet, last week, he was already confounded and amazed and in disbelief.
I dunno, he was pretty quick to write her off after the ultrasound, even went as far as calling the mass a carcinoma, even though it didn't look like one. It looked more like a benign tumor or a cyst to the radiologist. They played it safe for her condition and didn't biopsy it, so really, they don't know what it is for sure.

Maybe that's how it goes in veterinary medicine, I'm guessing a lot of people don't put as much effort and money into saving an animal as they would with a person, so they get written off quicker.

Well, that's not good enough for Tigger or any of my animals. She obviously hasn't given up by any stretch of the immagination.

Or maybe with all the good wishes and positive energy we squashed the tumor! Eh, if only things worked that way.

What I think is happening, with her losing weight, the tumor probably shrank a tad, or there is enough room there for stuff to start coming out again. With people, one of the way to shrink tumors is to starve them in one way or another.  So, maybe this bought us enough time to get her in good condition for a surgery, and get that thing out of there.

When they did ultrasound, they did it an all of her organs, and there aren't any additional bad spots anywhere in the liver or her heart or kidneys etc... So, taking that tumor out, with a succesful surgery should give her good few years. I hope!!!!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support