Forum: Community Center

Subject: Repeat OFFENDER?!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Nov 13, 2008 · 77 posts

FutureFantasyDesign posted Tue, 03 March 2009 at 9:47 AM

May I add one thing...

How many ways can you truly say, "I was here, I looked at your work, and I liked it." without running out of ways to say it? I often, due to time constraints, CAN'T look at all the gallery images, much less comment. BUT, I also feel bad if no one looks at my work. SO, is it so bad to have a comment much like what I wrote above here, and use it on all images? AT LEAST you know that I visited, and I cared enough to leave word I was there! Often I don't have time to be able to post any comment, visit the whole range of the gallery and if i see something that really strikes me as impressive I just make the image a Fav, fully intending to come back and say something really meaningful... but I just run out of time! Sometimes I will see an image weeks down the line and wonder "How did I miss this!" But I try to see as much as possible.

Seriously, I know of a couple of people who leave a "generic" compliment. I feel good knowing they cared enough to always look at my work, and to always leave a little note that they stopped by. It is saying something when someone just takes the time to post anything (*even a generic), cause I know how tight time is to many.

On the other coin, how about people who get massive numbers of comments, because it is more about friendships, and less about quality art or content (*this is pointing out how friendships boost comments, not saying anyone is not a good artist!!!)? Are you maybe confusing the two issues? Are you looking for a larger friend network to comment on all your work? I have a moderate amount of friends and favs on line... I just can't always comment, because I have to take the pup out, help my elderly neighbor shop or so on. All of my friends do not always comment either. I don't blame them, they do when they can, but they also have lives off line. So what can you do?

If a person stops by, leaves a generic "I was here, and enjoyed your work." style comment... I should think it says they care. Does that help? In fact because i read this thread, I now plan to use those exact words on all pics! If it is incredible, I will sitemail the artist. Because if i do the generic post, I at least can look at more work and say something nice!  : )  So ThanX a bunch for posting this! : D

Hugs(*and I'll go take a look at your gallery too!)

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com