Forum: Community Center

Subject: Repeat OFFENDER?!?!

L8RDAZE opened this issue on Nov 13, 2008 · 77 posts

Faemike55 posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 6:24 PM

I've been the recipient of more than one 'cookie-cutter' comment. at first it annoyed me but then I realized when I visited their gallery, they were living in another country and their command of the English language wasn't all that great.

Regarding critcal comments! I''ve actually requested that people 'rake me over the coals'  as it were when it comes to critiquing my renders. some do, right there in the comments and others send me a site mail pointing out various things that I goofed up on!
As I see it, the only way I'm going to get better, is if people tell me what I've done wrong and THEN tell me ways to fix the problem.

Now, I admit to some guilt when it comes to being 'gushing' as it were. However, I view it as their work is by far so superior to what I've done that I can't help it. It's not envy, it's more my god! How do I get to that level or quality in my images?

What I really enjoy is when someone posts the technical details of the render, that is, what they did to achieve the effect. That has helped me get to the level I'm at so quickly, I pay attention to things like that. I just wish that more people would do it.

Quid pro quo - I've actually been 'called out' on that one! one person sent me a SM informing me that it is a courtesy that if a person comments on your image you must go to their gallery and comment on theirs.  The problem with that, at least in my eyes, is that I do comment on a lot of her work, but she and a few others ONLY comment on my photos - nothing else! Does any one have an answer to that situation?

I'll sign off now!
 Let me know what you think
Mike