Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Rigger Needed ASAP

Mestophales opened this issue on Mar 04, 2009 · 11 posts

Mestophales posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 11:26 AM

I find that it depends. Being a work for hire contract it is very common to see a contractors resume to get a detailed view of their experience, samples of the work will demonstrate skillset...ie - quality of work.

I have gone through this process on several occassions personally and they almost always want to see work history and demos.

A service is simply a service, if I were posting a full time job I would have listed the benefits and location but since I am simply looking for a contractor / Freelancer whatever the rate the contractor charges is all the contractor can expect to receive. The only time you will see commissions or royalties is when the rate is so high that an agreement has to be made to lower the rate in exchange for commissions / royalties on the backend - you will see that alot for high end talent in publishing but I have yet to see it in the 3D community.

You may have had different experiences Miss Nancy than I have, but over the last 10 years of contracting work this is what I have seen.

As for a model making $30k in sales, I would love to meet someone here who has done that. The most I have made on any model was $3k