Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Help! Daz 3d is making me cry.

l8sho opened this issue on Mar 08, 2009 · 8 posts

l8sho posted Tue, 10 March 2009 at 11:42 AM

Thanks, everyone for your help. I've sort of spent the last couple of days in Daz3d boot camp and it's kind of coming around. I'm getting ahead of myself at this point, but I really want to start doing portraits right away. 

I almost dropped a bit of money that I can't afford on Daz's Elite Textures, but then I discovered a mention of Pureskins somewhere here on the forums. Shout out to Renderosity for saving me a pretty penny. 

I haven't bought the texture yet though because, honestly, I don't completely know what I'm doing. The texture itself seems great in terms of skin and detail and all, but the faces are non-descript.

My question is: Can you use a Texture like Pureskin with a character like Freya's Blanchette to ultimately get both the photorealistic skintone you want and the face you want? Is that how morphs work? Can I just get the facial morphs if I already have the Texture and the base model (V4)?

I apologize if these are super-backward questions, but like I said, I'm playing catch-up. Any advice or help that anyone is willing to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!