Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Morph World is closed.

mi-scha opened this issue on Jul 06, 2001 ยท 73 posts

MikeJ posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 4:17 AM

A morph target will always retain it's internal name unless manually edited out with a text editor. To show this, I made this quick little MT with Poser's Ball prop and a magnet. AFter stretching it along X, I selected the ball and did the "spawn morph target" thing and when prompted to name the new morph target, I named it "Squish". Then I saved the ball as a .pp2 and as "Ball2". Then I double clicked on the "squish" dial and renamed it it "Squeeze". Saved that as Ball 3. Then I opened Ball2 in a text editor, which you see below. Notice the line which says targetGeom Squish. The next example down is the Ball3. It should have said targetGeom Squeeze, right? But it didn't, and THAT'S how he could tell. Renaming MT's in Poser doesn't matter, because once it's in a .pp2, or .cr2 file, the original name is there to stay, in the abscence of physically editing the text within the .cr2 or .pp2 file. prop ball_1 { storageOffset 0 0.3487 0 objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:props:ball.obj } prop ball_1 { name ball_1 on bend 1 dynamicsLock 1 hidden 0 addToMenu 1 castsShadow 1 includeInDepthCue 1 parent UNIVERSE channels { targetGeom Squish { name Squish initValue 0 hidden 0 forceLimits 4 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.02 keys prop ball_1 { storageOffset 0 0.3487 0 objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:props:ball.obj } prop ball_1 { name ball_1 on bend 1 dynamicsLock 1 hidden 0 addToMenu 1 castsShadow 1 includeInDepthCue 1 parent UNIVERSE channels { targetGeom Squish { name Squeeze initValue 0 hidden 0 forceLimits 4 min -100000 max 100000 trackingScale 0.02 keys You can also see in the second example where the new name "Squeeze" was added. That's the dial name, and not the morph name....