Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

Spanki posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 4:58 AM

Howdi,

I've been lurking for a few days and thought I'd de-lurk for a few comments...

@odf (and gang): Nice work!  I know how a multi-year project like this can be... it must be nice to be nearing a release.  Oh and congrats on the wedding :).  Also, Robert (kuroyume0161) knows the .pmd file format.. I think they are just g-zipped text (Poser) files of some sort.

@Believable3D: I wasn't crazy about your really dark one, but the latest one you posted (medium tone) looks great to me.

@Phantom3D: Nice/interesting work on the rigging... but I do have a basic/general observation and suggestion...

When you set up the 'exclusion' bars (the red ones), you seem to position them too far... you're putting them 'at' the body-part seam of the grandparent (or even into the grandparent a bit), but if you're going to do that, you might as well put them fully into the grandparent somewhere.

For discussion purposes (I'm not looking at the figure right now, so this may or may not be the best example), take the chest 'side-to-side' setting.  It's parent is the abdomen, so the chest joint can fully affect the abdomen, but it can't affect the grandparent at all (hip? hip 2?).  When you're setting the red bars for that movement, you should leave them 'slightly' inside the parent and not cross the parent/grandparent border.  Doing it this way will help keep you from getting 'sharp' transitions (at the parent/grandparent border) in extreme poses.

I'd also recommend that you play with the 'bulge' settings... they can come in handy at times, even creating... well... 'bulges' :) (body-fat type bulges that make bend look more natural).

The above are just my personal suggestions and meant to be constructive, so please take them in the spirit given (and with as many grains of salt as needed).

Cheers,

Keith

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.