Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 · 13933 posts

Spanki posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 1:49 PM

Yeah, I hadn't really looked at the hip/thigh rigging yet, but yes... if you use the fall-off zones, then the bar-stops come into play less (but can still be used for fine-tuning).  I was mostly commenting about the head/neck/chest/abs/hip center-line parts that don't (always) use fall-off zones.

I woudn't worry about the fall-off / thigh thing messing up clothing - as long as it uses (starts with) a copy of the base rig, it should work pretty much the same as the figure (the zones may need adjusting depending on the bulkiness of the clothing though).

EDIT: ...speaking of the base rig and clothing... something to keep in mind is that you need to end up with a 'blank' or 'dev_base' or 'clothing_base' (or whatever you want to call it) copy of the rig that has all the JCM stuff ripped out - and supply this as a separate file, but part of the package for clothing developers.  Also, if you are using Poser Magnets for developing the JCMs (highly recommended), you should keep (and package) those magnets as well - that way, clothing developers can use them to create matching JCMs on thier clothing - same thing goes for any body morphs in general.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.