Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue poll

garyandcatherine opened this issue on Apr 08, 2009 · 37 posts

wabe posted Thu, 09 April 2009 at 9:00 AM

Well my origins of digital art go back to middle age almost. I started in the early 80s last century as part of my university "career" where I had to do a one year practicum. I did it in an engineering institute (part of university) and I had to make a program working that did a graphical simulation of industrial robots.

Out of that came a career in 3D computer animation that I did for 6 years. I worked first with my own developed software (di animatzion for Enemy Mine at that time), then switched to a system called FGS 4400 and then to TDI that is nowadays part of Maya. A bit of Poser and Bryce surrounded me at that time too, but more for information what else is going on in the digital graphic world. I stopped my professional animator career when times for the first generation companies with heavy investments became difficult and do print design since then.

In 2001 I saw an advert of a new Mac program called Vue 4. Bought it and was hooked. Since then I use Vue as hobbyist only and am happy, sometimes more sometimes less. As it alway is with all sorts of programs that have their good and their bad times.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.