Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Apollo Maximus

bigdave1960 opened this issue on Apr 08, 2009 · 71 posts

Conniekat8 posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 5:03 PM

Quote -  *I happen to like Apollo and use the guy in many renders.  He is versatile. 

I wish Anton's " friends " felt the same way.  A lot of them abandoned Apollo for Mike4.

Anton doesn't insist that his friends support only Apollo and no other figure. Its' a fact that there aren't anywhere near as many active Apollo users as there are of M4 or V4, and if one of Anton's frioends is also a vendor, Anton doesn't insist that only Apollo is supported.

No content vendor can exist on supporting Apollo alone. That's just a fact in this business.
Most of us regular people (and content vendors) don't get annuity payments to supplement our income (or lack of it), to be able to give everything away for free, or to pursue full time support of figures that can't pay the bills.

Feeling friendships, and having to pay bills and support one's self has to be prioritized, and it goes both ways. No friend will insist or guilt you when you have to do things to support yourself (as long as they're not criminal or grossly unethical). Anton doesn't require this of his friends.

I know that for a fact, as he and I had a conversation about this, and it was Anton himself that steered me away from feeling guilty that I need to make few V4 or M4 pieces in order to make a little bit of money (like maybe $5 per hour instead of $2 per hour). I was feeling particularly guilty because Anton taught me a few things about rigging, and was extremely helpful when I was making the Apollo Wizard Robe. To paraphrase what he told me: 'You can't make it as a vendor supporting Aopollo alone'

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support