Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Monthly reminder - you need to gamma correct your renders

bagginsbill opened this issue on Feb 01, 2009 · 207 posts

ThunderStone posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 8:56 PM

Quote - 1 * Color_Map - 0

What value does that give you?

Another question:

Plugging a color into a numerical Math node parameter converts the color to gray scale. The Subtract node Value_1 is what I'm talking about here.

What happens if you plug a color into some other numerical node parameter. Suppose you plug it into Bump or Displacement. What is going to happen?

A related question: If I connected 500 of these Subtract(1 * x, 0) nodes in series, what would change?

Related to that, if I connect no subtract nodes here, what changes?

If you plug a color into the numerical Math node granted if it's a solid color the only thing that will happen is nothing, especially if it's in the displacement or bump node.  If that's the effect you're going for, then it's better to leave it off. But if you want to add some "umph" into the existing texture that the creator so kindly forgot to provide the bump or displacement map, you can add a quickie bump or displacement node.
As for the 500 of these nodes in a series, I would imagine the effect to be negligible  after the first 2 nodes (I don't know. I am not an expert like you, BB. Half of the information I've received about the mat room came from that lil noggin of yours. 😉 The rest from tips and experience. ).

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday