Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT: Posted something in Gallery.

Analog-X64 opened this issue on Apr 10, 2009 · 26 posts

HonorMac posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 1:55 AM

> Quote - ...the Players will look like Miniature Statues. > > Try it.

::smiles::  Actually, right after I posted the first try, I went looking for better stock, did a few i really liked, then thought I wanted to try something with people, to try to get a better sense of "miniatureness" like you got with the people and tuk tuks...  But then I got distracted looking at Burning Man pages, reading up on theme camps. >.>;;

I did get one image with people from BM07, but it has so -many- people, it's kind of busy and distracting.  -Then- I started getting distracted with the idea of HDR processes in Photoshop and trying to figure out if there was a way to use HDRI light maps in B6.

Now, Having glanced at email, come back here, gotten lost in the detail in one of Cath's WIP textures, and come back to Mini-Faking, I wanna try a few more tricks...

Custom blur masks to reflect accurate distance from the camera rather than just a bar across the image, more messing with some color overlay embossing to enhance the sense of exaggerated three-dimensionality, and maybe some pinch/punch or mesh distortion to reduce the natural sense of perspective...

Some days off, I just get nothing meaningful accomplished... But I have fun not accomplishing it. ;-)