Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 7.5 revealed. Ouch.

Jcleaver opened this issue on Apr 29, 2009 · 159 posts

chippwalters posted Thu, 30 April 2009 at 1:09 PM

Quote - The vast majority of Vue users are not studios, and as I noted, what damn near killed a lot of the big apps was them getting too arrogant and greedy so they priced themselves out of the reach of anything but studios and pirates...which wrecked their legit user base.

While I don't know if the vast majority of Vue users are not studios, an even more important question is where does the vast majority of the sales revenue come from? I doubt either you or I know the answer to that one.

Steven, you've always been such a great supporter of this community. It's clear you're upset. But, I'm not sure you won't calm down once you realize there's no penalty for not upgrading now, and you can get Vue 8 for the same price. 

As Bruno said, this is an upgrade for the studios-- the professionals. It's not meant to be something for the hobbyists, and that's one reason it's marked 7.5 and not 8-- so as to not make you feel like you need to have it. That should be clear not only with it's focus on maintenance agreements, but also with e-on's generous consideration that if you don't upgrade now, no worries, you can upgrade to 8.0 for the same fee.