Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ATTN ALL! Comic Poll

Hellmark opened this issue on Jul 10, 2001 ยท 13 posts

Mason posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 11:36 AM

Well I've been doing 3d comics online for over a year now and sell them through a pay site access. All I can say is unless the comic has some definite adult content or super high res renderings you are not going to get much of a nibble. I put out free comics at my site from time to time which I feel are rather good quality but I only get a handful of responses. The stuff I post at the paysite draws in customers but there's no way to get a definite feedback number on that. What I wouldn't do is buy a comic for a few bucks. I buy comics in the store for the hand drawn art, not the computer renders. The art collection is a major portion of the comic collection business. As for your questions. #1 Yes depending on content and intellectual investment. I might pay a subscription but not per issue. #2 Sure, why not buy props if they are good quality and unique. #3 If you bought the model for render use I see no problem there. Doing characters that are not yours is copyright violation so I doubt you'd do that. Having to make every trash can, door, window etc... from scratch is a waste. Plus that would slow your production time if you spent it making models instead of the comic. #4 I'm on 56k so music would be a big slow down. Optional yes but not if it forsakes art quality or download time. #5 If its a comic can't you just do JPGs or GIF? Flash would be good for presentation effects. Is this thing animated? #6 I actually don't mind if its lower quality if the content is what I want to see but I lean toward better quality. You might want to check out Marvel comics web site. They have a cool on going X-Men comic that's online using flash. Its a good presentation style. Only bad part are the huge ads but you can leaf past those.