Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 7.5 revealed. Ouch.

Jcleaver opened this issue on Apr 29, 2009 · 159 posts

megalodon posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 11:06 PM

Quote - I investigated this and Adobe have a very good upgrade practice. At the moment I have CS3 and will skip an upgrade and still be able to upgrade for the same price. It is a shame E-on don't follow suit. When I asked E-on about an upgrade from V5I to V7I the price was the same as the V5I -> V6I -> V7I route.

Which is one of the reasons I REALLY like Newtek and upgrading Lightwave. Even with the subscription program that they've implemented, you can STILL skip versions and upgrade at the same price. Yes, it really is too bad that companies like E-on are too greedy for their own good. xStream6 was my last E-on upgrade. Their tremendous price increases and upgrade policies have just made it way too expensive for our small production house to keep up. We don't use it as a hobby, but we are too small to continue upgrading at these ridiculous prices. I wonder what xStream8 will cost? $1995? xStream9....  $2295?...    etc. I suppose if you skip enough versions they'll force you to pay MORE than a new user since you should have been paying for ALL upgrades?  ;)