Forum: Vue

Subject: RENDER PROBLEM - REDUCING SIZE OF POSER FIGURES

johnr1969 opened this issue on May 07, 2009 · 10 posts

Imaginatos posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 5:03 AM

Amount of polygons is not a predominant parameter in rendering process - like many users thinked.

Opinion that a huge amount of polygons required a long time rendering it's only pure guess-work. NONSENSE !

I have empirical opinion about rendering.

For all users VUE (POSER or the other 3D soft) which wanted rendering a big size pictures for printing I give the one advice.

Just TRY rendering !!!

More PRACTICE and less verbal opinion from users which probably never rendered that type pictures.

I rendered many works in VUE for printing on my old PC machine with only the one INTEL Core2 Quad processor and times of rendering oscillate from 2-3 hours (scenes with around 80.000.000 polygons)

to 36-58 hours (scenes with only around 10.000.000 polygons).

I use myself 'superb-ultra-extra' options of rendering which is better that factory 'ultra'.

Rendering the big sizes pictures for printing as much as possible even on 'common' PC machine without 6-8 GB memory and highest-level graphic card.

The huge memory and graphic card NOT TO DO A STROKE OF WORK when PC rendering !!!

In rendering process leader is only PROCESSOR !

Not memory, not memory on graphic card, not processor on graphic card !

The highest effective of the main PROCESSOR is the highest element in PC machine for rendering.

REMEMBER that when you buy new PC machine or you try render a big pictures for printing.

Only PROCESSOR !