Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Shouldn't an INJ pose actually inject something?

chriscox opened this issue on May 18, 2009 · 25 posts

lmckenzie posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 1:53 PM

"1. I might not have the required morph set

1. If all i am getting is someone's interpretation of a nice recipe of exisiting poplar morph dials, well no thanks, I can spin morph dials meself. I would prefer to have recieved something truly unique into which the artists put some real effort." 

r.e. 1: Yes, that's why I added the *caveat. "*and the requirements were listed accurately"

r.e. 2: I guess this is more like a philosophical difference to me. Since I don't have the talent and/or inclination to spin dials myself, the end result is really the only thing that matters to me. Yes, I'm impressed in a way when I see "custom ZBrush morphs," but that in an of itself doesn't determine whether I like the result and so, from a practical standpoint, I don't hold the dial spinners in any less regard. They're both providing something I couldn't/wouldn't do myself.

I think the terminology thing is a bit inside the beltway. There's probably always value in a consistent nomenclature. For whatever reasons, the Poserverse can be a bit haphazard, what with official parts, user generated hacks, etc. What's a "character" vs what's a "figure" yada, yada. There's plenty of room for confusion. My bet is that most users don't know or care as long as the description makes clear what they need to have and what they get is a reasonable facsimile of what was in the picture. 

I can do a bit cr2 editing  and write utilities to automate stuff, but frankly I'm not up on the fine points of MOR vs INJ. I try it on a base V4 and if it doesn't work, I run it on a loaded one. Beyond that, meh, I'm more worried about the report that the TV boxes are controlling our minds.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken