Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce Incentives Bundle $49.99

Analog-X64 opened this issue on May 16, 2009 · 22 posts

Meshbox posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 12:17 PM

Quote - @ Nazul : Yes, it is very sad indeed that Daz owns Bryce.  A lot of my work is included in the download (they own it).  Bryce is the superior 3D app, out-performs Cararra, and decimates Studio.  I could not figure out why they spent so much time and money developing an app (Cararra) which they already had with Bryce. ?? Thank you for purchasing some Bryce stuff, even if this time it is from Daz, as it helps to keep Bryce pertinent to the 3D market.  Please forgive the plug for Bryceworks (for more content) found on a site elsewhere.  ;)  Keep on Brycing everyone!

Bryce and Carrara have different but old lineages. Carrara was a Metacreations app, but it was based on the Ray Dream product, which they got when the merged/acquired Fractal Design (Fractal had acquired RDD previously to this).

I used RDD years ago, up through the Fractal stage. When Meta acquired it, they put out a terrible upgrade (basically tossing in some bug fixes and some third party add ons I already had), then shipped Carrara 1 - which was terribly buggy.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want