Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Duplicating DAZ morphs into Clothing to Sell - How?

Fauvist opened this issue on May 19, 2009 · 31 posts

Conniekat8 posted Wed, 20 May 2009 at 9:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - IMO the starter of this thread should start learning how to rigg, how to create cr2's, how to create and implement morphs and then he should offer some of his creations to the community as freebies to get a little bit of feedback about his stuff.

That's a very good idea.  I already had an idea about creating the cr2's, but the morph thing I had no idea about.

I will make free stuff first.  If you make free stuff, how do you get feedback about it?

Michael 4 has dozens of DAZ morphs.  I'm assuming that when someone morphs Michael they will expect the clothing to morph along with him.  What I don't understand is how to duplicate DAZ's morphs exactly - so that the clothes fit exactly.  I understand how to make a morph, but I don't understand how to make a morph that will match Daz's morphs.

You export a morphed M4 as an OBJ, import him into your modeling application, insert the piece of clothing over him. Tweak and massage the clothing mesh with the modeling tools in the application of your choice. When you're happy with how the morphed piece of clothing covers the underlying M4 mesh, export it as an OBJ (so you can load it as a morph later).

How to actually tweak the mesh to make a morph depends on what modeling application you're using. There are usually soft selections, tweaks, pulls nudges and morphing and deforming brushes available in various applications. You sort of sculpt each morph around the underlying figure.

Repeat for each M4 morph. Yes, there's a LOT of them, and making clothing morphs for various figure fits can take quite some time. If you're picky about how they look, making morphs can take longer then modeling the original clothing mesh.

I second the advice about learning to rig and make things poser-ready on general. Morphing is one of the components of the process. Making the clothing model is usually about 1/5th of the whole process.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support